Certified Postpartum Doula Training
At the completion of the training you will receive a certificate and become a Certified Postpartum Doula.
Helping families adjust to their new lives following birth or adoption.
A Postpartum Doula is a trained professional who helps families adjust to their new lives immediately following the birth or adoption of their baby. A postpartum doula works with the parents to ensure they get necessary non-medical physical, emotional and educational support during the period following the birth or adoption of their baby. At the completion of the training you will receive a certificate and become a Certified Postpartum Doula.
Topics covered in this training:
- The role and scope of practice for postpartum doula
- Newborn characteristics and developmental milestones
- The art of caring and soothing a the newborn
- The art of infant feeding, breastfeeding and bottle feeding
- How to care for multiples
- How to care for babies with special needs
- Postpartum mood disorders
- How to support the family and newborn
- Culture and family’s postpartum traditions
- How to interview and grow your doula business
- How to communicate and set boundaries
- Doula hygiene and how to avoid burnout
- …and so much more.
Certification & Recertification:
DEI doulas are certified immediately after taking the training. We will continue to invest in your education by having you join our DEI Facebook membership community where we offer continuous educational resources.
After 3 years of joining our DEI Facebook membership community, you can apply for recertification. Our recertification process ensures that the doula remains proficient in the field, as well as keeping their skills and knowledge base current.
Interested in learing more about this training? Contact us today to learn more about upcoming trainings and how to get started on your path to Certification or Recertification with DEI.
Interested in being the best doula you can be?
DEI strives to increase the quality of prenatal, birth and postpartum support by promoting excellent doula training and continuing education and mutual support to our students.
Doula Educational Institute (DEI) offers an integrative approach with evidence-based doula education that is inclusive of all beliefs, cultures, lifestyles, and philosophies.